Bouncing back after a typical binge is never really fun - it requires both mental and physical reset, because switching back after a rejoicing holiday mode often feels blue...The promises you set earlier for a healthy lifestyle are now being challenged...BUT it is not your fault after all! LOL Who could keep their fingers away from those tempting stuffings, buttery rolls, tasty morsels, pies, pies and more pies...yumm! Even our strongest commitment to eat healthy slips aside after seeing such taunting dishes right on the table…in front of you...
Well guys, if you are swept off your feet y the holidays and dove deep in such temptations - don’t worry! I got you, so just follow my tips: some extra exercises and smart eating will help you go “back to healthy self” and on track. Let’s review 5 simple steps to bounce back after a holiday binge:
1. STOP FEELING WRETCHED: The most excruciating thing that follows after a holiday mode is the guilt of not sticking to your commitments. And nothing can be more detrimental than beating yourself up for a temporary setback. Just let it go and rather have a positive outlook by remembering the unforgettable memories you just created for years to come. Don’t starve yourself at the holiday table, enjoy socializing with friends, do not obsess with the temporary weight gain etc. as all of it will just damage your body more… psychologically. Instead set a clear date when you will refocus on your regimen, healthy routines and regular exercises; catch plenty of sleep in the meantime and give it all a fresh start comes that DAY! You can do it!
2. GET EXERTED: One thing that we tend to neglect the most during the holiday mode is “ EXERCISE” . You run last minute errands, cook, arrange family reunions and friends gatherings, buy and wrap gifts, shop for tickets, go on vacation - you name it! There is not enough time in a day to squeeze a workout in, if you are not in fitness full time LOL. So my advice when it’s time to bounce back after the holiday season is to create a NEW FUN routine that will keep you engaged and on track! So get back to your daily exercise routine, start hitting the gym and it’ll be better if you invite a friend along who can motivate you. Accountability!
By the way, check out my revolutionary fitness program that will get you to your FITNESS goals in just 30 days! Get.Reinvented was specifically developed with a thought in mind that you can exercise from anywhere at any time and not worry about counting calories and wondering what to eat! Fitness simplified!
3. START SETTING GOALS: Jump start with setting clear and REALISTIC goals. It is important to understand that after the holiday break, your cardio level is depleted (usually after no cardio exercise for 2 weeks you need to start from scratch and build it up gradually). Do not overwhelm yourself by defining goals that will depress you, as you will feel tortured and out of breath. And always remember “slow progress is better than no progress”. Strategize and create a workout schedule to follow. Write out the days and routines and display it on a fridge or on your office desk. It will HELP! I promise you! Meal prep for the week ahead and store the food containers in a fridge where it is easy to grab it on the go! In about a month revisit your fitness routine and add a few more exercises, reps, increase intensity level and/or weight resistance. You are ready to step up your game in a bout a month of consistent training!
4. HYDRATE YOURSELF: After days feeling tipsy, it’s important to hydrate yourself to flush out any toxins from your systems and leftovers of that bold rich wine! Therefore, drinking water throughout the day is essential. Try to drink half of your weight in oz. This helps to sustain your hydration levels and boost up your energy along with metabolism. So keep yourself hydrated!
5. PLAN YOUR MEALS: It’s very important to eat smartly. Plan your diets and stick with it. Starting your day with an energy packed breakfast keeps you fuller for a longer time and you eat less during the day. Make sure your breakfast includes proteins, fibres and some energy packed smoothies which can be a perfect energiser that picks you up during the morning.
Just these simple 5 steps will get you back on track after caloric get-togethers, one too many drinks and plenty of relaxing.